Sunday, August 15, 2010

Solo Weapons Workout

I try and do a weapons only workout from time to time. This last Friday I once again took up Bowie knife and tomahawk for such a session.

I started with a warm up using a flexibility and strengthening workout for the tomahawk based on the one shown in the Cold Steel tomahawk video.

I then moved on to a flourishing (angles of attack) drill with the Bowie knife. For this I would do the flourishes at one end of my basement workout area and then run to the other end where I would do either ten push ups or ten Hindu squats. I did ten (five with the right hand and five with the left hand) sets of flourishes so I ended up doing nine sets of the intermediary exercises.

After the Bowie knife flourishes I did ten sets of flourishes with knife and tomahawk (again five with the right hand and five with the left.) Once I finished the flourishes I worked on short drills with the 'hawk and knife, both right and left side.

I finished with some drills opening a lock blade folder and going into attack mode with reverse/ice pick grip stabs to the "face" of my imaginary opponent. Once again I did these with both my right and left hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home