Monday, July 30, 2007

At the beginning of the year I picked up the exercise DVD, "Warrior Wellness:Six Degrees of Freedom" after it was recommended by several friends.

The exercises in the DVD are based on those taught in some of the Russian martial art systems. These exercises are set up to help build joint strength. The DVD has three sets of exercises; beginner, intermediate and advanced. The exercise sets are developed to build on each other so it is recommended that you start with the beginner program no matter what your level of fitness is.

I have been doing the beginner program since I bought the DVD. This program is very easy to follow and works your joints starting at the head and neck and working down to the legs. I would recommend you have a wall, chair or other point of balance available when you start working the leg exercises.

This morning I started on the intermediate program. In this program you refine the exercises from the beginner program.

I find I am not a natural learner for any physical exercise. So I had to stop the video several times to figure out the right pattern to do some of these exercises.

The production values on the DVD are simple but clear. Scott Sonnon, who leads you through the exercises, simply stands in front of the camera discussing the system as he leads you through each set of exercises. There are no fancy camera angles or music. Just a good set of work out exercises.

I like the fact that in the introduction to the beginner program Sonnon suggests that if you have a preexisting injury or have problems with any of the exercises you stop the video, sit down and catch your breath before going on.

If you are looking for something new to add to your exercise program I suggest you try this DVD out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home