Monday, December 19, 2005

Spyderco Knives:

I have always been a fan of Spyderco knives. I like them 'cuz they are good quality, inexpensive knives that hold up well under use. I carry a Delica folder on a regular basis.

Recently I found out Spyderco sells trainers for three of their models. Two of their folders, the Delica and the Endura, and one of their fixed blades, the Temperance.

I have purchased the Delica and Temperance trainers and am happy with both of them.

Speaking of the Temperance model knife. I first learned about this model of Spyderco when I attended some training at the School of Two Swords with Dwight McLemore. It is an excellent single edge fixed blade knife. The Kydex sheath is also very well made and is set up so it can be carried in a number of configurations.

Weight Training:

Back in the fall I was looking to kick my conditioning traing up a notch so I dusted my weights off and started looking around for a system to use. While browsing thru one of the big box book stores I found "Weight Training Made Easy" by Joyce L. Vedral(publsihed by Warmer Books) Ms. Vedral advocates the use of dumb bells for most weight training. Her system is easy to learn and the book is set up well for the novice to use.

Although I am using plates not dumb bells, not the optimal choice for the novice, I have found the system works well for me. I would recommend that anyone who wants to start weight training or wants to add something to their training take a look at this book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home